I recently finished a book called, "Mockingjay", by Suzanne Collins. It is the last book of the Hunger Games trilogy and it's about how Katniss Everdeen, the protagonist, has survived yet another annual Hunger games. Though, this time she didn't technically win, she was rescued. Along with the other surviving victors, she is taken to District 13 around the time where the rebellion begins to take place. Katniss Everdeen is then giving the choice of being the rebels' Mockingjay. (Eh, I suck at summaries -.- )
Was justice served?
I believe it was because now all these people don't have worry about the Hunger Games anymore. They can sleep peacefully at night without having to be scared of the fact that their children could be sent into the arena, or with the fact that they'll be chosen to participate in these cruel games. President Coin did seem like a promising leader at first, but then realizing it, having President Coin would make no difference. Everything would stay the same. They even wanted to make a Hunger Games for the capitol children , wouldn't that be just like what the past cruel leaders did? The past cruel leaders who decided to initiate this annual game?
Overall, justice was served for the people of Panem. They got their peace and 'happy ending'. But they will never forget the people they have lost because of this annual game. Their past ancestors aren't at fault. They're must've had a reason to even spark up a rebellion in the first place. Something was wrong with this society. And they wanted to end it, and start all over. Which is what they can do now. Start all over again. And begin with something new, fresh, and good.
Good post! I definitely agree with you that justice was served in a literal sense and thank god it's all over, but do you think we can say justice was completely served? I mean they will be haunted by what happened forever. I guess literally the bad guys lost but they still caused damage and death that the people will remember forever.
ReplyDelete