Thursday, January 10, 2013
The Fortunes of Indigo Skye
I recently began reading a book called, "The Fortunes of Indigo Skye", written by Deb Caletti, the author of 'The Nature of Jade'. So far, she received a 2.5 million dollar tip from a mysterious man who has recently began coming regularly to the restaurant she works in, Carrera's. As written in the blurb, Indigo is said to have changed drastically due to the sudden rise in money. I can see this happening, i mean people do always say, "Money changes you".
Well, since I haven't exactly finished reading the book, I don't really know how she changes. But I can talk about how it's possible she'll most likely change. Indigo Skye is the average young adult, working on medium-wage, of course she'll take advantage of this money she received, even though at first she is slightly hesitant. She wants to return the money at first, but she's later convinced by her customers and boss to take advantage of this luck. I can predict that throughout a course of several events, she'll start to change in attitude and personality. She'll be spoiled with several new things, and of course she'll buy a new car for her boyfriend, Trevor, to replace his old, rusty one.
As I said, she'll change, and you'll the development to her new self. She'll probably also feel the need to change her lifestyle now that she's "high class". She'll always return to her old self once she gets her head straight realizes that this is not "her".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment